“I had the pleasure to do business with Culture Language & Connections for my training in English. Your professionalism and expertise have contributed to my learning. With your training, I feel much more confident when I speak in English.”
“Thank you so much for the wonderful time and for your encouraging and motivating and diverse ways of teaching. They really worked on me. I will really miss having French classes with you. (Weird – how can you miss a school? But CLC is more than that!)”
Our reputation depends on your success. Built upon a commitment to excellence and a mutually agreed upon learning path, we guarantee results. As long as your employees meet a baseline profile, are dedicated, and put in the hours of focused study required, they will achieve the level of fluency desired. If they don’t reach their language goals within the established time frame, they can continue to study at our school for free. Contact Uri in our Business Solutions Team for more info: (514) 903-8897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learners build real speaking abilities by speaking the majority of the time and learning from individual mistakes.
Teacher consistently corrects vocabulary / grammar / structure / pronunciation on an individual basis to improve skills.
Learners progress is monitored by teachers through a personal Student Learning File. There is a CLC support team behind the teacher to ensure learners reach the next level.
Keywords: Simple questions, familiar and close environment
Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
Keywords : Descriptions, basic conversations.
Can communicate in simple and routine phrases requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
Keywords : Beginning of autonomy, able to cope with, can express opinions. Average listening and able to converse, to give advice and to argue.
Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Keywords : Can express him or herself spontaneously with a good structure. Can understand without effort and master the language.
Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation. Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating between finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
|Canadian Language Benchmark||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Group lessons hours (average)||80||80||80||80||80||80||100||100||100||240||240||300|
|Private lessons hours (average)||25||25||25||25||25||25||33||33||33||80||80||100|
The 1% law
This regulation encourages employers to provide educational opportunities for their employees. Training expenses, such as language lessons, may qualify – and cost essentially nothing – depending on the company’s situation. Companies under the Act that don’t take advantage of it are required to pay up to 1% of their payroll into the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Fund. Why not put that money to use in your own company instead? Contact Uri in our Business Solutions Team to see if you meet the criteria: (438) 289-1112 or email@example.com.
Subsidies from Emploi-Quebec
Guidelines & Policies for Corporate Private, Group, Skype / Zoom Lessons, and Conversation Workshops
Clear guidelines preclude misunderstandings.
- All B2B matters, administrative & academic, should be addressed to (438) 289-1112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment or purchase order must be received two weeks before start of new lessons.
- Payment or purchase order must be received one week before continuation of lessons.
- Registration fee for Private & Skype / Zoom lessons is $50.
- Registration fee for new individuals taking over ongoing private lessons is $50.
- Registration fee for group lessons is $50/person.
- Registration fee for individuals joining established groups – in a way that changes structure of group – is $50/person.
- Registration fee for conversation workshops is $100.
- Transportation costs apply to lessons delivered more than 15 minutes walking distance from a Montreal subway exit.
- The rate is determined by the following Canadian government schedule www.njc-cnm.gc.ca.
- This amount is taxable and added to lesson costs.
- Full refund or credit is possible before start of lessons, minus registration fee and ($100) cancelation fee.
- Partial refund or credit is possible before completion of half of lessons, on prorated basis, minus registration fee and cancelation fee.
- No refund is possible after completion of half of lessons, barring proven exceptional circumstance, i.e. serious medical condition.
- During placement interviews, initial goals are set. Clear and concrete outcomes help teachers prepare effective lessons.
- Approximately every 18-20 hours of class, students are counseled. Teachers deliver an overview of progress, highlight challenges, offer recommendations, receive feedback, and update goals.
- Teachers are assigned based on both availability and suitability.
- Teachers may change to ensure a rich and varied learning experience.
- Teachers carry out lessons based on the established Learning Path.
- Requests for specific teachers carry a Teacher Request Fee (TRF) of $10/lesson.
- TRFs are non-reimbursable, except as credit, should teachers become unavailable.
- Requests for specialized curriculums carry additional fees, depending on nature.
Lessons and Schedule Changes
- Lesson dates and times must be established, agreed upon and confirmed before start of lessons.
- Thursday and Friday lessons can be rescheduled – postponed to a later date – with 72 hours notice. Monday – Wednesday lessons can be rescheduled if notice is given before 3pm the previous Friday. These lessons will be added to the end of the course.
- Schedule change requests – day and/or time of lessons – for the following week must be received by 15:00, Wednesday, the week prior to the lesson. Email confirmation will be given by 15:00, Friday.
- Without confirmation of rescheduling and/or schedule changes, lesson times will remain as scheduled and be counted as delivered, with no refund or credit available.
- Students who arrive more than 20 minutes late are considered absent. No refund or credit available, and lesson will be counted as delivered.
- Scheduled lessons that fall on official holidays will be added to the end of the course.
When employees thrive, business thrives.
Employees thrive when given the tools
to operate at full capacity… with no limits.
The greatest tool employees possess
is the ability to communicate effectively...
with managers... with co-workers... with clients.
The future of any organization depends on
its employees' talents and how productive they are.
When language barriers are erased,
talents are revealed and amplified.
Are your employees operating at full capacity?
Can they work seamlessly with all co-workers
regardless of language?
Are they able to nurture relationships with clients
in the language they are most comfortable in?
Is your workplace fluidly bilingual... inviting talent...
maintaining a harmonious environment?
Can your team capitalize on all opportunities?
If you answered yes
to all these questions,
You work for
If not, we help you quickly and
effciently... with a humanistic
approach that builds
companies to thrive.